1 Food Service Supervisor
- A&W – Smithers
- Smithers, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 14953
- Category : Restaurant
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $15.50 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 12 Nov 2020
- Expiry Date : 11 May 2021
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
1 Food Service Supervisor requires
The McMurray Group is a franchise company with 40+ A&W restaurants extending across British Columbia and the Yukon Territories. We take pride in offering our employees a job like no other, and a work environment that can't be found anywhere else. Our working environment is based on respect and listening. Everyone's efforts and results are recognized and celebrated.
A&W in Smithers, BC is looking for one permanent full-time Food Service Supervisor start immediately.
Starting wage $15.50 and your wage will be reviewed periodically with potential increases based on performance. Hours are 32 per week, overtime if required.
Job Location: 4086 5th Ave, Smithers, BC
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Benefits: We also offer various benefits which include an extensive single or family Medical/Dental Benefit which comprises of Pharmaceuticals, Hospital Care, Paramedical, Medical Equipment, Travel, Visioncare, Long Term Disability, Basic and Optional Life, along with an optional Group RSP.
Team Member’s Role:
You are an enthusiastic individual who works hard to deliver exceptional service to every guest, every time. As a Food Service Supervisor, you are proud to serve great tasting food, made with care. You are a team player that arrives to work energized and motivated and you thrive in a fun, fast paced work environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in food preparation
- Completion of a secondary school
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to deal well with a variety of people: customers, fellow employees and management
- Initiative, good judgment, and ability to make quick decisions under sometimes stressful conditions
- Responsible, reliable, honest
- High standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Valid Food Safe Certificate (or agreement to obtain this within 60 days of promotion).
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Able to do some heavy lifting
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensures the well-being and safety of customers and staff.
- Ensures restaurant is continually meeting production demands and standards for food quality, service times, and service experience.
- Opens/closes the restaurant, with access to the safe and/or float.
- Assigns work stations and manages breaks.
- Resolves and documents any issues within their realm of authority concerning the restaurant, staff and customers according to restaurant policies.
- Makes decisions to balance key goals – high quality, speed and cost control through effective management of the Operating System (OSII).
- Completes daily paperwork as required.
- Completes various tasks dependent on ability, seniority, initiative and division of tasks.
- Trains/coaches staff as directed. Also assists with staff performance evaluations.
- Confronts poor performance of staff dependent on ability and individual situations.
- Completes daily and weekly accounting administration
- Manages inventory control, ordering and cost control
- Applies cash and food cost management principles
- Ensures that cleanliness standards and safe food handling practices are met.
- Ensures high level of service to guests through efficient preparation, stocking, and staff positioning
- Manages accidents or complaints, implementing service recovery program
- Ensures teams appearance is up to standard
How to Apply
Candidates may apply with resume by responding to this job posting, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for assessments and interviews.
No views yet