- Canmore Woodcrafters
- Canmore, Alberta, Canada
- Job ID : 79316
- Category : Skilled Trades and Construction
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $24-28 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 10 Jan 2023
- Expiry Date : 09 Feb 2023
- Certification as a Journeyman/Journeywoman Cabinetmaker
- 3-5 years of experience as a Journeyman/Journeywoman Cabinetmaker
- Must be comfortable with custom cabinet making.
- Solid command of the English language; spoken, written and reading.
- Must be organized, efficient and accurate in performing the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and standing for extended periods of time
- Must maintain a clean and safe work environement
- Must have high manual dexterity, attention to detail
- Be proficient in the use of all the basic production equipment, eg. Sliding panel saws, jointer, thickness planer, shaper, drum sander, cut-off saw, 4-sided planer , Edgesander, Slot mortise/doweling machine, Veneer press, etc.
- Must have a good working knowledge of different solid wood types, plastic laminates, plywood, particleboard, veneering, and veneered particleboard/MDF.
- Be able to work well with other employees and participate in training apprentices.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to take constructive criticism positively without ego.
- Must be able to lift up to 23kg (50lbs)
- Be proficient in the operation and use of CAD and CADD computer programs
- Be proficient in the setup, operation, maintenance, and use of CNC Machines
- Assemble cut pieces at the workbench by using drawings, blueprints, and cutting lists generated by the office.
- When necessary and as requested by the Shop Supervisor, be willing and able to assist the Machine Operator in cutting and planing all solid woods and sheet goods, according to cutting lists generated by the office.
- Be willing and able to perform any other jobs necessary to meet production deadlines as requested by the Shop Supervisor.
- The Cabinetmaker is under the general supervision of the Shop Supervisor.
- Position is full-time, permanent
- Hours of work are Monday-Friday 37.5 hours up to 44 hours / week
- Salary $24-28 per hour (to be negotiated)
- Must be willing to relocate to Canmore, or reliably commute.
- Steel-toed safety boots required
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Driving Record check (abstract)
- Benefits package includes (available after 6 months):
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No views yet