Baker – NOC 6332
- Market Fresh Meat & Produce Inc.
- Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 14584
- Category : Grocery
- Job Type : Contract
- Salary : $17 to $18 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 03 Nov 2020
- Expiry Date : 03 Nov 2021
Position: Baker – NOC 6332
Employer: Market Fresh Meat & Produce Inc.
Location: 10 Paisley Street, Unit 3, Guelph, Ontario N1H 2N6
Location of employment: 10 Paisley Street, Unit 3, Guelph, Ontario N1H 2N6
Wages: $17.00 to $18.00 per hour, 30 to 44 hours a week
Language of work: English
Benefits: Health & Dental after 6 months of employment
Vacancies: 1 full-time and permanent position
Market Fresh is a local gourmet food market serving southwestern Ontario for 20 years. With a reputation for being passionate about food and the community, Market Fresh is continues to deliver quality products to the satisfaction of the public.
Market fresh is known for its fresh food choices, specialty items, baked goods, produce & meats, dairy & fish, organic foods, locally sourced products, and much more.
Market Fresh is seeking a self-motivated Baker with experience in preparing and baking breads, doughs, pies and pastries. The successful candidate will be responsible for all of the baking duties of the Baking Department in the supermarket.
This would be an excellent opportunity for someone with experience to establish their career with a reputable supermarket.
- Prepare dough for bread, rolls, pies and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes, icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders;
- Bake mixed doughs and batters, including whole wheat, and specialty doughs;
- Prepare special orders;
- Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods;
- Draw up production schedules;
- Bake mixed doughs including whole wheat, and specialty doughs;
- Ensure product quality meets established standards;
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas;
- Oversee various kitchen operations related to shiftwork;
- Operate machinery including ovens, stoves, bun machines, mixers, sheeters and proofers;
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment;
- Draw up production schedule to determine quantity of goods to produce based on peak customer demand;
- Prepare baked goods for customers with allergies or intolerances;
- Read recipes and scale dough;
- Ensure effective waste control through use of daily waste control sheets and proper rotation of products;
- Mix, scoop and bake a variety of products (pastries, breads, cookies);
- Assist with maintaining food ingredient inventory;
- Assist with keeping kitchen and work area clean.
- Completion of College program in baking or pastry arts management is required;
- Minimum 1 year experience working as a baker is required;
- Good time management skills;
- Work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communicator with a focus in quality baking.
How to Apply
Please send resume to email@example.com
Please indicate “Baker ” in the subject line of your email or the cover letter of your resume
No views yet