Comfort Inn & Suites Terrace is looking for F/T Hotel Managing Supervisor
- Comfort Inn & Suites Terrace
- Terrace, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 17952
- Category : Hospitality & Tourism
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $22-25 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 28 Jan 2021
- Expiry Date : 28 Jan 2022
Position: Hotel Managing Supervisor
Terms of employment: Full-time, Permanent
Wage: $22.00 ~ $25.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Working hours: 30 – 40 hours per week
- 4% vacation pay
- Hot tub Access
- Gym Access
- Employment discount from subsidiary companies
• Monitor and evaluate all department daily activities to ensure the successful operation of hotel facilities, services and amenities.
• Establish and review departmental standards, guidelines and objectives.
• Support the hotel’s sales and business strategies to maximize revenues and profitability.
• Partner with GM to create a positive work environment; Serve as a support resource for front line staff in all departments.
• Plan, organize and delegate daily operational activities against forecasted business volume.
• Drive effective communication across all departments to ensure consistency, cohesiveness and understanding of objectives and priorities.
• Address and respond to guest reviews and comments online.
• Issue supplies and equipment as needed and participate in regular inventories to ensure proper supply levels.
• Intervene, assist and document instances of guest or employee incidents.
• Approve and process vendor invoices, complete bank deposits, audit cash banks and perform other accounting-related functions as necessary.
• Analyze and evaluate hotel performance by compiling statistics such as occupancy and STR reports and suggest and execute rate strategies/changes.
• Make recommendations and implement necessary changes to meet and exceed company objectives and to enhance service and operational efficiency.
• Hiring and terminating employees. New employee orientation and training.
• Performing regular staff performance reviews, giving feedback, addressing and correcting poor performance.
• Leading regular group staff meetings
• Prepare staff schedules, address staff schedule change requests, schedule adequate staff based on expected business volume.
• Performing room quality inspections/control as assigned by the General Manager.
• Bookkeeping/Accounting: A/P, A/R, financial statements, etc.
• Daily trips to local grocery stores/supply stores to purchase breakfast/hotel supplies. Normally takes 1-2 hrs/day.
• Operate hotel airport shuttle upon request (9 am to 6 pm).
• A minimum of 2 years’ previous hotel operations and leadership experience in a flagged hotel in the position of Assistant GM or GM
• Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
• Working knowledge of RFP submissions (i.e. Lanyon)
• Knowledge of BC employment Standards Act, and Payroll processing
•Working knowledge of bookkeeping and financial accounting software (i.e. Quickbooks): GST and PST returns, A/P, A/R, data entry and preparation of financial statements
• Previous experience in executing against operating budgets, with an established history of meeting or exceeding established financial objectives.
• Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
• Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
• Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
• Important: schedule flexibility and ability to work extended and/or irregular hours that include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
• Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
• Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
• You'll be expected to obtain, within 3 months of employment: Class 4 Driver's license, Pool Operator Certificate Level 1.
- English – Must be fluent
Number of Positions:
Location: Terrace, BC
Company information: 1003730 B.C. LTD. dba Comfort Inn & Suites Terrace
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business address: 5112 Hwy 16 W. Terrace, BC V8G 5S6
How to Apply
No views yet