Harvey’s Store is looking for talented and experienced Cooks to join our team.
• Location: Stoney Creek, ON
• Salary: $26.50 hourly for 32 hours per week
• Terms of employment: Permanent employment & Full time
• Employment conditions: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Morning
• Start date: Starts as soon as possible
• Vacancies: 1 vacancy
• Employment groups: Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
7 months to less than 1 year
▪ Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers.
▪ Prepare and cook starters or appetizers like sliced bites, fries, onion rings & servings of mixed green salads, etc.
▪ Preparing and cooking Burgers, Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Nuggets & Wraps.
▪ Prepare and cook special meals for people who have allergies like gluten free.
▪ Overseeing kitchen operations & assisting, scheduling & supervising the kitchen helpers.
▪ Monitoring food stock & other required supplies and place orders as and when required.
▪ Cleaning and sterilizing kitchen equipment and the cooking areas to maintain the sanity and hygiene.
▪ Helping in recruiting and training the new kitchen staff members.
▪ Assisting in planning the menus & determining the size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs.
Cook Categories: Cook (general)
Vegetarian, Non-Vegetarian, Gluten-free
Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
Restaurant, Urban Area
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Overtime required
Work Location Information
Initiative; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
Long term benefits
Free parking available, 4% Vacation Pay, WSIB
How to Apply
No views yet