- Centre National des Arts
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 20917
- Category : Other
- Job Type : Contract
- Salary : $$20 - $25, Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2021-05-01
- Posting Date : 31 Mar 2021
- Expiry Date : 30 Apr 2021
Department: Zones Théâtrales
Status: Term (May to mid-September 2021)
Hours: Part-time from May to July (with a busier period in May)
Full-time from August to mid-September 2021
Hourly salary: $20 – $25, depending on experience
Closing date: April 25, 2021
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be an inclusive organization that engages and welcomes all
Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce
and therefore actively seek to recruit candidates who are women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour
(IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to selfidentify
in the recruitment process.
This position has the ability and may be required to work remotely. The NAC will provide the incumbent with
equipment required to perform their duties from home.
Zones Théâtrales is looking for a Coordinator. Zones Théâtrales is a biennial event whose mission is to
present and promote professional theatre from Francophone communities across Canada and the Quebec
regions. The 2021 edition of Zones Théâtrales will take place from September 13 to 18, 2021.
The incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, carrying out the following tasks:
– Coordinating the transportation and accommodation of companies, artists and presenters
attending the event;
– Coordinating volunteer recruitment and placement;
– Managing the necessary communications to guests (artists, presenters, participants): forms,
guides, special instructions, COVID-19 health measures, etc.;
– Coordinating show tickets and complimentary tickets for artists, presenters and volunteers;
– Coordinating the production of event-related merchandise;
– Coordinating artist transportation during the event;
– Managing and organizing the “Zone Festival” information/logistics platform;
– Supporting the organization in several other tasks related to the smooth operation and
production of the event.
– Relevant training or experience in event coordination;
– Excellent communication skills;
– Team player, strong organizational skills and leadership;
– Excellent command of spoken and written French;
– Proficiency in English;
– Knowledge of the theatre community (an asset);
– Experience in public relations (an asset).
How to Apply
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian
All communication will be conducted through email and interviews via videoconferencing. Please ensure to
have the most up-to-date information on your resume including your current email address.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please
advise us when initially contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education
credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume online through our ‘Careers Opportunities’ website at
CONNECT WITH US!
No views yet