Position: Dump Truck Driver – NOC 7511
Employer: Urgiles Bros. Excavating Inc.
Location: 115 Milvan Dr. North York Ontario, M9L 1Z8;
Location of employment: 115 Milvan Dr. North York Ontario, M9L 1Z8;
Wages: $21.00 to $22.00/hour, 30-44 hours a week
Language of work: English
Vacancies: 1 full-time and permanent position
Urgiles Bros. Excavating Inc. is a construction excavating company providing a full range of excavating and removal services across Ontario.
Based in North York Ontario, Urgiles Bros. Excavating Inc. has gained a reputation for combining years of experience with exceptional services since 2012. With a focus on meeting deadlines and customer expectations, Urgiles Bros. Excavating Inc. continues to grow in the industry.
We are currently looking for a Dump Truck Driver to join our team based out of North York Ontario. Our Dump Truck Drivers support our excavation division by providing timely landfill and ground materials removals, as well as the transport of crushed stone and other building products.
The successful Dump Truck Driver will be responsible for operating heavy trucks to transport goods and materials over urban, interurban, provincial and international routes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operate and drive primarily straight trucks/dump trucks to transport excavation landfill and other materials, mainly on local routes and short interurban routes;
· Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and management staff using on-board communication devices;
· Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspections and oversee all aspects of vehicles such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading apparatuses;
· Ensure materials/cargo are secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow prevailing safety procedures for transport;
· Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption;
· May perform emergency roadside repairs;
· May drive special purpose trucks such as tow trucks, and specialty flatbed trucks;
· Participate in regular safety training and certification.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Must have a valid Truck Driver’s License OR a valid DZ class Ontario Driver’s License;
· Completion of a relevant driver training course in an asset;
· Any basic vehicle mechanic or repair training is preferred;
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment;