Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
- Island Kids Academy Esquimalt Ltd
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 7840
- Category : Education
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $20-22 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 20 Mar 2020
- Expiry Date : 20 Mar 2021
Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
Island Kids Academy Esquimalt Ltd is currently hiring early childhood educators. We are seeking applicants with current ECE or ITE certificates to practice in BC. For details of the job, please see below.
Position Title: Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
Positions Available: 2
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Work Schedule: 35 hours per week
Salary: $20-22 per hour; additional $1 per hour wage enhancement through BC provincial government
($2.00 per hour from April 1, 2020)
Benefits: 10 days paid vacation days of choice, plus additional paid closure days in December with 6-month
commitment; Staff discount on childcare at our facilities; Options for group benefits, RRSP, sick days,
BC transit Propass.
Position Type: Permanent, full time
Required Language: English
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To follow Island Kids Academy’s philosophy and guidance methods;
- To work with a team of educators to create and implement childcare activities for children between 10 months and 5 years old;
- To plan and organize activities that promote the children’s physical, mental, and social development, and ensure that it is appropriate for the age level;
- To lead these activities through, for example, interactive, educational games which include physical games, telling stories, performance, singing, and art projects;
- To make sure that the children are treated with respect and that the developed programs meet their needs to develop;
- To follow and maintain the daily routines and shift schedules at our business;
- To be able to communicate daily with parents about various aspects of the care given to their children, including each child’s progress or problems they may have;
- To help teach children how to develop proper eating, social and toilet habits;
- To keep the children’s area clean, comfortable, and safe;
- To ensure the health, safety, and well-being of the children;
- To be aware of the program requirements and ratio, and be able to provide supervision to at least 4 infants or 8 preschool-aged children throughout the day.
Business Locations & Information
- Island Kids Academy Esquimalt Ltd.: 542 Fraser Street, Victoria, British Columbia V9A 6H7
- Website: www.islandkids.ca
Skills & Education Requirements
- Minimum college diploma in Early Childhood Education (ECE);
- Certificate to practice in BC as an Early Childhood Educator (ECE) or Infant Toddler Educator (ITE);
- First Aid Certificate & CPR Certificate (valid or intent to obtain);
- Experience in Early Childhood Education an asset but not mandatory;
- Criminal Record Check will be conducted;
- Immunization records;
- 2 References- letters or contact information.
How to Apply
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail or in person: Send or bring resume to the above address.
- By phone: Megan Seiferling at (250) 381-2929 ext. 25.
- By fax: (250) 381-2954
Although listed, phone calls regarding the job offer are not preferred. We thank all those who apply, but only appropriate candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Thank you for your interest in the position!
No views yet