- National Arts Centre
- Job ID : 32985
- Category : Construction
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $67,857 Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : 2021-11-15
- Posting Date : 08 Oct 2021
- Expiry Date : 07 Nov 2021
Competition number: J1021-0387
Status: Full-Time continuing
Hours: Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
Annual/hourly salary: $67,857 / year, per collective agreement (*2018 rate) + benefits and pension plan
Closing date: November 7, 2021
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be a more welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and diverse organization for all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and, therefore, we actively seek to recruit candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
The NAC recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. Therefore, an offer of employment shall be conditional upon receipt of written confirmation that the selected candidate has been fully vaccinated. Certified medical conditions will be accommodated as well as exemptions based on established religious objection.
The above information will be filed in keeping with the Privacy Act.
Introducing the National Arts Centre
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada.
Curious to learn more? We invite you to read our strategic plan for 2020-2023 in The Next Act
Collaboration, innovation and community-led engagement are only some of the many initiatives the NAC will leverage to help shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada. One that embodies our slogan and loudly proclaims that Canada is our stage.
*Two job vacancies: one position is starting in mid-November 2021 + the other in January 2022.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the incumbent is responsible for performing a range of duties, including but not limited to:
· Work and dress safely;
· Install, inspect, repair and maintain electrical equipment/systems;
· Perform trouble shooting and emergency repairs;
· Perform and document PM activities;
· Accompany inspectors and coordinate contractors;
· Installations to follow electrical code, manuals, blueprints and other specifications;
· Maintain cleanliness of work areas, care for tools, track system modifications on as-built drawings and perform other duties as required.
- Must have a high school diploma;
- Must possess a valid Electrician Construction and Maintenance Certificate of Qualification (Ontario);
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a related electrician position;
- Must be friendly, upbeat and work well with other employees;
- Good organizational skills, initiative and autonomy;
- Ability to work under pressure and to react quickly in emergency situations;
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch for up to eight (8) hours;
- Capable of working at heights;
- WHMIS certification is an asset and will be required upon hiring;
- Asset: Bilingual in both official languages (French and English);
- A past record of satisfactory attendance and punctuality is a requirement*.
*Regular attendance at work is an expectation of employment and an essential part of every job
How to Apply
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
All communication will be conducted through email and interviews via videoconferencing. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your resume including your current email address.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume online through our ‘Careers Opportunities’ website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
No views yet