Financial accounting supervisor
- 2102943 ALBERTA LTD.
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Job ID : 74900
- Category : Finance
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $32.00 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2023-01-03
- Posting Date : 25 Jan 2023
- Expiry Date : 24 Feb 2023
WHO YOU ARE:
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business or Finance is required.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience conducting research and providing technical accounting advise in a publicly traded company or with an external accounting firm.
- Previous involvement in transaction support and/or acquisition will be considered an asset.
- Possess a good understanding of IFRS with demonstrated knowledge and ability in researching and documenting new accounting guidance and accounting treatment of issues.
- Strong understanding of accounting and business processes.
- Keen interest in the IFRS technical aspects of accounting issues and their application to the business.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Great teammate, able to contribute and collaborate effectively.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and personal project leadership skills.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Creative, flexible, and motivated.
- Produce results with accuracy and a high quality of work.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take on a lead project role on the implementation of new accounting standards. This includes understanding new accounting pronouncements, interpreting the related guidance, and working closely with the various business units in assessing the impact.
- Review contracts and agreements, identifying accounting implications, reviewing and/or developing accounting models, and quantifying the impact.
- Provide support to business development activities including acquisitions, disposals, commercial agreements, and strategic partnerships.
- Support the drafting of any new or changed accounting policies and develop new procedures as required to ensure all requirements are met on a going-forward basis.
- Support the review process with management and external auditors.
- Monitor changing accounting standards and proactively perform research to identify current relevant accounting or reporting changes affecting the organization with regards to that area. Identify detailed alternatives, implications, and resolutions.
- Serve as a company-wide technical accounting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives.
How to Apply
apply via: jobcentre.ca
No views yet