Seafood Preparers – Fish and Seafood Processing
- Ucluelet Harbour Seafoods Ltd./0822759 BC Ltd. Business
- Ucluelet, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 4398
- Category : Other
- Job Type : Temporary
- Salary : $16.50-20.00 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2020-05-01
- Posting Date : 15 Nov 2019
- Expiry Date : 14 Nov 2020
Company: Ucluelet Harbour Seafoods Ltd./0822759 BC Ltd.
Business address: 1661 Cedar Road, Ucluelet, BC, V0R 3A0
Location of work: 1661 Cedar Road, Ucluelet, BC V0R 3A0
Business information: We receive fresh fish from fishing boats on Vancouver Island and we cut, pack, and freeze various product and pack styles for distribution to frozen markets.
Wage: $16.50 to $20.00 hourly, shifts are 11-12 hours, 40-50 hours per week. Overtime is available.
Shifts of work: We require flexibility on schedule as hours of work can be: 8:00 am to 8:00pm or 8:00pm to 8:00am, overtime is available.
Positions available: 40
Term of employment: 180 days – from May 01, 2020 to October 28, 2020
- Education: No formal education required
- Experience: Experience is an asset. Training will be provided
- This position requires the ability to lift a minimum of 30Lbs
- We prefer candidates that speak English well but as we have an urgent need for help, candidates with basic command of English will also be accepted
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Duties and responsibilities:
- Handle and pack fish
- Safely operate fish cutting machinery, work around conveyor belts
- Properly grade product and assign to category
- Survey all equipment to assure proper working order
- Handle product properly to ensure maximum shelf life
- Communicate quality issues to supervisors
- Inform supervisor of any changes or problems
- Lift boxes that weigh 10-15 Kg boxes
- Clean-up workstation and department
How to Apply
Apply by e-mail: workatUHS@pacseafood.com
Apply by mail to:1661 Cedar Road, Ucluelet, BC, V0R 3A0
Apply by Fax: 250-726-3434
We encourage new immigrants, aboriginals and youth to apply for the job. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
No views yet