FNIM Family Services Worker
- Family and Children’s Services of Frontenac, Lennox and Addington
- Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 28102
- Category :
- Job Type : Contract
- Salary : $ Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 28 Jul 2021
- Expiry Date : 28 Jul 2022
This position is responsible to provide protection services to at risk children and their families and to carry out the mandate of the Child and Family Services Act in accordance with the prescribed guidelines and regulations to ensure child safety and positive outcomes. They are responsible for developing assessments and service plans in collaboration with families including Kin and community services. In this role, the emphasis is on obtaining comprehensive information about the child and family that will inform subsequent decisions and planning processes in collaboration with the service team and the First Nations, Inuit and Métis representatives. The incumbent is required to maintain client records and will be responsible for completion of case documentation, social histories, correspondence and legal documents.
- Master or Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 3 years of related experience in a professional helping role working with families and children
- Preference is given to candidates who are Authorized Workers
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Ministry of Children and Youth Services’ standards
- Excellent counseling and negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Valid Class G driver’s licence with access to a vehicle
- Family and counseling experience
- Child Protection Information Network (CPIN) experience an asset
- Excellent organization and writing skills
- Proficiency in a Windows environment using Microsoft Office Suite and Windows Explorer
- Familiarity with other software such as e-mail programs, case recording software
- A solid understanding of and sensitivity to the experiences of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples in Canada, and the impact of the legacy of Residential Schools and the “Sixties Scoop” upon them is essential.
- A good working knowledge of community services within FACSFLA’s catchment area and surrounding areas to assist in service provision
- Strong co-operation and consultation skills in working with First Nations Designated Persons and community representatives, Elders, and community leaders
- Bilingualism (English/French) and the ability to speak a First Nations, Métis and Inuit language will be strong assets
- Preference will be given to applicants who self-identify as having FNIM heritage
How to Apply
- To apply, please email your resume and cover letter quoting the competition file number and title of position you wish to apply for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org Interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply in writing by October 28, 2021.
- Please include the competition number and the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- Please submit cover letter and resume as single attachment.
- When applying for multiple positions, please submit a separate application for each position following the above instructions.
For further information, please visit our website: Family and Children's Services of Frontenac Lennox and Addington
At FACSFLA, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce to provide the best support to the children, youth and families we serve. In support of our Strategic Priorities, we are seeking members who reflect diverse identities, lived experiences and perspectives to assist the Board in reflecting the community we serve. This is consistent with our obligation under the Ontario Human Rights Code to ensure that our hiring practices remain equitable to candidates from groups protected by the prohibited grounds under the Code.
The Agency will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that considers an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in FACSFLA and for applying.
NOTE: We are a scent-free workplace.
No views yet