Front of House Attendant
- Gateway Theatre
- Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 33545
- Category : Customer Service
- Job Type : Part-Time
- Salary : $16.50 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2021-12-06
- Posting Date : 14 Oct 2021
- Expiry Date : 13 Nov 2021
Status: Casual, up to two positions available
Hours of Work: Variable, 5-20 hrs / week, must be available evenings and weekends
Compensation: $16.50 / hr
Driven by a passion to serve its audiences in bold and innovative ways, Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding artistic programs and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts.
Gateway’s staff is an eclectic team with multifaceted expertise. As a group we take risks, we empower, we go beyond, we listen. At Gateway we embrace difference as something that challenges our understanding and stretches us to grow. So, if you won’t settle for the expected, you have found your crew.
Reporting to the Front of House Supervisor, the Front of House Attendant is an enthusiastic, adaptable, and customer-service-oriented individual responsible for operating the concession during events, as well as providing support to the Front of House Supervisor and direction to volunteers, as needed. Candidates may come to this position with a background in customer service, food service, retail, or similar / related environments.
Responsibilities will include
- Welcoming Gateway’s audiences and serving snacks and beverages to theatre patrons in a fun, fast-paced environment under the direction of the Front of House Supervisor
- Ensuring proper accounting and controls of concession products and reconciling sales at the beginning and end of shifts
- Taking stock of bar supplies and noting for the FOH Supervisor and Patron Services Associate when inventory is low
- Responding to patron enquiries and conveying questions to the appropriate staff member for follow up as needed
- Delivering exceptional customer service while demonstrating and upholding Gateway Theatre’s values and policies
- Troubleshooting any challenges that may arise during an event, promptly bringing any urgent or serious issues to the attention of the FOH Supervisor
- Assisting the FOH Supervisor in overseeing the volunteers, as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by the FOH Supervisor
- Representing Gateway Theatre in a professional, welcoming, and inclusive manner
Experience, Qualifications & Attributes
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Cantonese or Mandarin language skills are an asset, but not required
- Prior bartending, food service, or other customer service experience
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Calm under pressure, with the ability to adapt to change on short notice, and a desire to learn and develop
- Ability to listen to concerns and respond to challenges with creativity and generosity
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to move between independent self-directed tasks and collaborative work
- Comfortable working alone and able to lift heavy supplies on occasion
- Experience working with or overseeing volunteers an asset but not required
- Experience working with POS systems is an asset
- Over 19 years of age with a valid “Serving it Right” certificate
- Foodsafe Level 1 certificate an asset but not required
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 certificate is required (training will be provided by employer If required)
- Experience with equity, inclusion, and anti-oppression policies and practices
- Legally able to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship, permanent residency or existing open work permit)
- The Front of House Attendant may be asked to provide proof of double vaccination
Candidates with relevant, transferable skills who do not exactly meet the above specification are encouraged to apply.
Gateway Theatre strives to be an equitable and inclusive workplace. We value an open and diverse community that fosters the inclusion of many different voices. We encourage applications from members of communities that have been marginalized based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, or status as an Indigenous person. Please note any required accommodations in your cover letter.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to Oona Iverson at email@example.com. Deadline 5pm November 12. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
No views yet