- B.C. Murphy Wall-Bed Ltd
- Job ID : 17797
- Category :
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $ Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 25 Jan 2021
- Expiry Date : 24 Jul 2021
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: B.C. Murphy Wall-Bed Ltd.
B.C. Murphy Wall-Bed Ltd. is a proudly Canadian owned company that has been one of the best choices for anyone who is in need of saving space and having a multipurpose room. Our products are created with the highest-grade wood material or the latest wood grain melamine. We also build home office units, custom entertainment systems and cabinets. We are currently looking for a furniture designer, who can design a custom furniture and murphy bed for customers and develop our products.
Job Title: Furniture Designer
Wage: $30.50 – $31.50 per hour (Depending on Working Experience)
Working Hours: 30 hours per week
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Starting Date of Employment: As Soon As Possible
Position Available: 1
Benefit: 2 weeks paid vacation or 4% vacation pay
Working Location: 1100 – 11180 River Road, Richmond, B.C. V6X 1Z5
- Assisting our customers with furniture selection and customization and communicate with production team and owner to conceptualize the product;
- Determine customers preferences and make design recommendations for product solutions and custom design based on customer’s needs;
- Use SolidWorks/AutoCAD to create and develop 3D renderings / 2D drawings of products;
- Design, Build, review and confirm final project specification details including availability and bill of materials, pricing and production;
- Prepare, maintain electronic and hard copy files containing all design, drawings, specifications and installation documentation.
- Design and develop new/existing products for B.C Murphy Wall-bed Ltd. and prepare prototypes;
- Continuously discuss and communicate with production team for manufacturing and request consultation from engineers if required.
- Completion of College Diploma in Furniture Design, Industrial Design –OR -Completion of University degree in Industrial Design, Architecture, Engineering is required;
- To demonstrate the ability to design with creativeness, a Portfolio of work is required (This portfolio requirement can also be met with Professional references from current/former employer, supervisor or professor) -Reference check will be performed;
- Previous working experience in a furniture design or SolidWorks/AutoCAD work experience is preferred but not mandatory;
- Knowledge of the furniture, raw materials and production processes;
- Strong communication skills including great reading, written and verbal English skills;
- Ability to meet deadline, detail oriented and problem-solving skills with creativeness;
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter by E-mail to Jun-Young Bok: email@example.com with subject line: “Full-time Furniture Designer Position - B.C. Murphy Wall-Bed Ltd.” Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Inquiries: e-mail only please.
B.C. Murphy Wall-Bed Ltd. respects equity and diversity within its community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
No views yet