GENERAL ACCOUNTING CLERK
- National Arts Centre
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 32591
- Category : Accounting
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $45,100 – $58,200 Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : 2021-11-01
- Posting Date : 05 Oct 2021
- Expiry Date : 04 Nov 2021
Competition number: J1021-0031
Status: Full-Time continuing
Hours: Monday to Friday (35 hours per week)
Annual/hourly salary: $45,100 – $58,200 (position with benefits and pension plan)
Closing date: October 31, 2021
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be a more welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and diverse organization for all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and, therefore, we actively seek to recruit candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
The incumbent may be required to work remotely either full-time or in a hybrid fashion until the end of the pandemic. All necessary working tools needed to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of this position will be provided to the employee for this purpose.
The NAC recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. Therefore, an offer of employment shall be conditional upon receipt of written confirmation that the selected candidate has been fully vaccinated. Certified medical conditions will be accommodated as well as exemptions based on established religious objection.
The above information will be filed in keeping with the Privacy Act.
Canada is our stage.
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada.
Curious to learn more? We invite you to read our strategic plan for 2020-2023 in The Next Act
Collaboration, innovation and community-led engagement are only some of the many initiatives the NAC will leverage to help shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada. One that embodies our slogan and loudly proclaims that Canada is our stage.
Under the direction of the Manager, Accounting Services, the General Accounting Clerk performs a wide range of Accounts Payable, Receivable and General Accounting duties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data;
- Processing accounting receivables and incoming payments;
- Processing daily sales reports for commercial operations within the NAC;
- NAC Foundation donation processing;
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the Finance department;
- Contract review administration.
- Post secondary education in business administration or accounting;
- Two (2) years’ experience in an accounting-related position;
- Bilingual in both official languages is required;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- High degree of attention to detail;
- Advanced computer skills, including with Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Working toward CMA or CGA designation would be preferable.
How to Apply
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
All communication will be conducted through email and interviews via videoconferencing. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your resume including your current email address.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume online through our ‘Careers Opportunities’ website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
No views yet