GENERAL ASSISTANT (cook)
- National Arts Centre (NAC)
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 26639
- Category : Food Services
- Job Type : Part-Time
- Salary : $16.42 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2021-08-24
- Posting Date : 24 Aug 2021
- Expiry Date : 23 Sep 2021
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Department: Food and Beverage, Kitchen
Status: Part-time, continuing
Hours: Afternoons, evenings, weekends
Salary: $16.42 per hour as per the HSTU collective agreement
Closing date: September 30, 2021
Anticipated start date: Immediately
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be an inclusive organization that engages and welcomes all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and therefore actively seek to recruit candidates who are women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
Canada is our stage.
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada. The NAC’s vision is to lead and support the renewal of the Canadian performing arts sector over the next three years, with The Next Act, it’s 2020-2023 strategic plan. Through collaboration and investment in creation, production, co-production, and dissemination, along with a heightened focus on community engagement, learning, and innovation, the NAC will shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada.
You will be responsible for assisting the kitchen staff in the preparation and service of food. This position reports to the Executive Chef and Sous Chef and takes direction from the Chef de Partie or the designated representative. Your duties will include preparing, cleaning and transporting food and assisting in other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or currently enrolled in a culinary program;
- Knowledge of food preparation and cooking methods;
- Knowledge of the use and proper handling of all machinery and equipment to ensure the safety of you and your colleagues;
- Ability to work under pressure in a very busy environment;
- Physical work will be required;
- Must be able to lift up to 30 to 50 lbs on a regular basis;
- Must be able to push/pull carts weighing up to 100lbs;
- Must be able to stand & exert well-paced mobility for up to 12 hours;
- Available to work days, evenings and weekend shifts;
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset;
- A past record of satisfactory attendance and punctuality is a requirement.*
*Regular attendance at work is an expectation of employment and an essential part of every job.
How to Apply
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
All communication will be conducted through email and interviews via videoconferencing. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your resume including your current email address.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume online through our ‘Careers Opportunities’ website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
No views yet