Grocery Store Butchers
- Tropical Farm Market & Meats
- Delta, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 19293
- Category : Retail
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $ Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 23 Feb 2021
- Expiry Date : 23 Feb 2022
Tropical Farm Market & Meats is looking for TWO permanent full-time Grocery Store Butchers, who could join immediately. The following are the requirements for the job.
Location: 11190 84 Ave Delta BC V4C 2L7
Wage: $17.50 per hour
Work hours: 40 hours/week
Language of Work: English
Job duties and responsibilities
- Cutting, deboning, grinding, and preparing meats for sale.
- Weigh, wrap, and display meat or meat products.
- Grind meats and slice cooked meats using powered grinders and slicing machines in addition to utilizing tools such as saws, knives, and grinders.
- Ensuring displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
- Use skewers, bone knives, twine and other tools to lace, tie and shape roasts so that they are ready for customers to buy and cook.
- Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls, Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment.
- Track and maintain the inventory on a routine basis.
- Manage records of sales and determine amount, product line and freshness of products according to company and customer requirements.
- Store and ensure meats are store in refrigerators or freezers at the required temperature.
- Clean equipment and work areas to maintain health and sanitation standards.
- Completion of secondary school is required
- 1-2 years of related work experience
How to Apply
If you think you might be a good fit for this position, please EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org (Only) your recent resume with a cover letter to: (Subject Line should be Grocery Store Butchers).
We welcome New Immigrants, Underrepresented groups, and Youth to apply for the job.
No views yet