Human Resources Business Partner
- First Nations Health Authority
- Job ID : 10706
- Category : Health Care
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $ Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 21 Jul 2020
- Expiry Date : 17 Jan 2021
Looking for a great place to work, where your contributions are valued, and truly make a difference? First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) is a first of its kind in Canada and joining our team means being part of a collaborative, diverse and compassionate organization committed to innovating, transforming and redesigning health service delivery for First Nations communities in BC.
We are hiring a strategic, innovative and solution-focused Human Resources Business Partner to join our HR Advisory Services team located in West Vancouver. Ideally, you are an experienced HR professional who thrives on building meaningful and sustainable relationships across the
organization. You proactively engage with leaders and employees as you
deliver and implement HR programs and services. You have strong
facilitation and collaborative skills and you understand how to effectively
respond and resolve complex, sensitive HR issues.
In this role, and as a member of the strategic team of operations partners, you will be accountable for providing a full range of human resources advice and solutions in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment. You will also be the first point of contact for an assigned client group, working closely with the HR team, drawing on the expertise of both internal and external subject matter experts to facilitate effective implementation of HR plans and initiatives in a seamless service delivery model. You will effectively visualize and convey a “big picture” of HR and how it is relevant to FNHA’s business and operations.
1. Collaborates with the Director in the development of strategic and operational plans and programs within the HR consulting service delivery model and framework.
2. Acts as “business partner” in the provision of strategic and operational HR consulting services to senior business leaders, management teams and staff within designated client group(s), in areas including organizational development, workforce planning, recruitment and selection, collective agreement and policy interpretation, performance management, grievance handling, attendance and disability management, onboarding and off-boarding, training and development, employee health, safety and wellness, etc..
3. Develops an in-depth understanding of client business strategies and objectives. Establishes and receives endorsement on service delivery agreements that support each client group’s unique business requirements, and provides a single point of contact between clients and the Human Resources portfolio.
4. Collaborates with client leaders to assess HR requirements in the context of short and long term business strategies, and develops plans and tactics accordingly.
5. Provides strategic HR coaching, advice and interpretations to executives and managers on a wide range of HR topics and issues. Develops action plans and solutions, ensuring compliance with policies, collective agreements, and regulatory requirements. Also applies judgement to the unique variables of situations that do not fall clearly within the policy.
6. Maintains ongoing awareness to identify emerging HR issues or critical situations within client areas, and initiates corrective action and/or alerts Director, with recommendations to avoid further escalation.
7. Continuously assesses HR policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvements to optimize a streamlined, integrated and consistent service delivery model. Leverages findings from day-to-day application to identify gaps and issues in current practices.
8. Collaborates with other HR Business Partners in the department, and with a multi-disciplinary team of HR specialists, engaging in collaborative information sharing, problem solving, and decision-making in the context of a seamless service delivery model.
9. Engages HR program specialists and external subject matter experts at appropriate intervals to address client requirements. Takes the lead on projects that may require a multi-disciplinary approach, including all related planning, scheduling, and coordination of HR program specialists and their deliverables.
10. Supports growth, innovation and change by participating in HR projects and initiatives related to HR strategies and achievement of broader FNHA goals and objectives. Also participates on various committees and work teams within client groups, ensuring the HR perspective is an integral aspect of business planning and initiatives.
11. Coaches and mentors HR team members, including providing input into selection, development, and performance management.
12. Establish on-going communications and foster collaboration with HR management team to synergize and share best practices, identifying learning opportunities.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
The requirements for this position would typically be acquired through a degree in human resources, and achievement of a CHRP designation, plus 5 to 7 years’ related experience involving application of advanced HR expertise to the resolution of complex people and organizational issues in a unionized environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The First Nations Health Authority is committed to respecting diversity within our workforce; preference will be given to individuals with Indigenous ancestry (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
How to Apply
Apply through our website: https://www.fnha.ca/about/work-with-us
Joining our family means joining an organization that supports personal growth, in-house training, a paid volunteer day and a unique full-day orientation program. Leading with culture, all FNHA employees complete San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training. We support our family to be leaders in wellness and all staff members develop a yearly wellness plan as part of their performance partnership and goal-setting. Please note that only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us about this position, please accept our sincere appreciation for your interest in FNHA! For more information about us, please visit: www.fnha.ca/about/work-with-us
If you have any inquiries or issues please contact FNHA Recruitment at email@example.com or 1-844-699-3186.
No views yet