Indigenous Wellness Educator, Mental Health and Substance Use
- First Nations Health Authority
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 10783
- Category : Health Care
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $ Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 23 Jul 2020
- Expiry Date : 19 Jan 2021
Are you a relationship builder who works effectively at collaborating with diverse groups and organizations using exceptional communication skills? If you want to join a passionate team who is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of First Nations communities, this may be the opportunity to you!
In this role, you will work with the FNHA Nursing team of Collaborative Practice Mental Health and Substance Use to participate and support in developing an educational model that is built with Indigenous ways of knowing, which is central to the core curriculum. Moreover, you will collaborate with the regional teams and communities to support them acquiring the essential skills and knowledge in the areas of harm reduction, substance use and mental wellness. Also, this role will partner with internal resources at the FNHA regional level to respond to community and healthcare provider requests.
Union Code – PSA (Public Service Alliance of Cda)
Hours per week – 37.5
• Designs, creates, implements curriculum that promotes capacity in First Nation communities around Mental Health and Substance Use.
• Plans and implements appropriate wellness strategies for the community accessing the Indigenous Wellness Education Programs to enhance the knowledge of healthcare providers and community members and support the regional teams in the implementation of the harm reduction trainings
• Provides professional support, advice in confidence to community requests on matters related to practices and programs
• Establishes and maintains partnerships with regions to identify and achieve regional priorities and implement programs and services for the community
• Serves as a technical specialist and advisor to the Mental Health and Substance Use team and regional staff regarding program development, implementation, management, and evaluation.
• Facilitates workshops and trainings and supports adoption of culturally appropriate service delivery based on allocation of resources and community requests
• Monitors and evaluates program projects both individually, and as a regional roll up. Provide feedback ensuring projects are on track, and identifying the need for review and/or audit where necessary.
• Develops and maintains positive and trusting working relationships
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Social Work or Psychology, plus two (2) years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
• Knowledge of, and ability to apply, an understanding of First Nations cultural principles and protocols in work situations.
• Knowledge of Substance Use and addiction, mental health and harm reduction
• Knowledge of program planning and evaluation.
• Analytical and interpretive skills.
• Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to use a variety of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
How to ApplyPlease apply for this role through our website: https://www.fnha.ca/about/work-with-us The First Nations Health Authority is committed to respecting diversity within our workforce; preference will be given to individuals with Indigenous ancestry (First Nations, Inuit, Métis). Joining our family means joining an organization that supports personal growth, in-house training, a paid volunteer day and a unique full-day orientation program. Leading with culture, all FNHA employees complete San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training. We support our family to be leaders in wellness and all staff members develop a yearly wellness plan as part of their performance partnership and goal-setting. Closing Please note that only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted. If you do not hear from us about this position, please accept our sincere appreciation for your interest in FNHA! For more information about us, please visit: www.fnha.ca/about/work-with-us If you have any inquiries or issues please contact FNHA Recruitment at email@example.com or 1-844-699-3186.
No views yet