Long haul truck driver
- Canada Road Carrier Ltd.
- Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 76188
- Category : Transportation
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $27.00 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 13 Dec 2022
- Expiry Date : 13 Dec 2023
Permanent Position: Long haul truck driver (across North America) (NOC7511/7411)
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening shift.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Yard Location: 5192 157 street, Surrey, BC, V3Z 1G2
Candidates are required to go to various Locations all over North America.
Number of positions available: 15 positions
Wage rate: $27.00 Hourly, for 50.00 Hours per week
Education: Not required
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver's License (Class 1 or A) and Air Brake (Z) Endorsement.
Experience: No experience required. Paid on job training will be provided
Languages: Basic Knowledge of English is required.
Type of Travel: Long-haul, Provincial/territorial, International.
Weight Handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs.)
• Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
• Loading and unloading of goods.
• Plan travel schedules and routes, use atlases and other trip planning aids.
• Receive and relay information to central dispatcher.
• Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
• Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
• Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
• Compensation package and hands on guidance: *A Great work-life balance will be promoted by-
1. Offering paid time off
2. Time to volunteer in their communities
3. Ability to take unpaid leave to pursue interests
* Mentoring and training will take place over the tenure of employment taking into consideration strengths and weaknesses of employees.
• Financial Support for relocation:
We offer applicants 25 % financial support for relocation and transportation which includes, but not limited to, airfare, baggage etc.
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight, willing to travel as two-person team, valid driver's license.
Work Location Information: Various locations in North America.
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Finding information, Significant use of memory, Continuous learning
Other: Candidate should be legally entitled to work in Canada. We welcome applications from Aboriginals and New Immigrants.
Employer: Canada Road Carrier Ltd.
How to Apply
Mail: 5192 157 street, Surrey, BC, V3Z 1G2
No views yet