Poultry Processing Plant (Based in Port Colborne)
- OnDemand Staffing
- Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 57735
- Category : Manufacturing & Production
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $16.73 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2022-06-22
- Posting Date : 21 Jun 2022
- Expiry Date : 18 Dec 2022
The Production Labourer will be responsible for working in several positions on the line. Duties may include helping to set up the production line, keeping the product moving on the line, and/or the setup and safe/efficient operation. The Production Labourer will help the team prepare equipment shut down for sanitation.
Terms of Employment:Full Time and Part Time positions available (Students Welcome)
Wages: Starting at $16.73/hour
Shifts: Monday to Friday Days
- Assist in setting up the production lines of the plant
- Use tools to move products into place on the line as directed by the supervisor.
- Assist in ensuring that the product is flowing efficiently and to specs on the line and reporting any issues to the supervisor or lead hand.
- Verify all operating conditions as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedure.
- Duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Follows all Quality, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) including Good Hygiene, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) requirements to ensure the manufacture of Ready Eat (RTE) chicken products, British Retail Consortium (BRC).
- Completes all specific job duties as outlined and in the Operator Proficiency Checklist
- Use tools to move frozen products into place on the line as directed by the supervisor.
- Putting ingredients into the container as required
- Ability to read and understand oral and written directions.
- Ability to do basic mathematical calculations (additions, subtractions, divisions, and calculation of percentages).
- Demonstrates knowledge of GMP, HACCP, BRC, and proper employee hygiene practices to meet factory requirements.
- Working with minimal supervision.
- Working in cool/damp and warm environments depending on the position.
- Strong attendance to meet work requirements.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Commitment to safety and quality processes
- Strong attention to detail and demonstration of hand-eye coordination
- Basic English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Physically demanding, fast-paced, and repetitive
- Handling heavy loads
- Standing for long periods
- The cut/Packaging department is refrigerated
- Noisy and odors
- a chicken processing and packing establishment
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 40 lbs.), stand for long periods of time and do repetitive movements.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Employer: OnDemand Staffing
To Register Visit Our Website: www.ondemandstaffing.ca
You can reach us toll-free at: 1-800-832-1274
OnDemand Staffing is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, OnDemand Staffing will provide accommodations through the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
No views yet