PROJECT MANAGER – MARKETING
- National Arts Centre
- Job ID : 33273
- Category : Marketing
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $58,600 - $84,300 Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : 2021-11-15
- Posting Date : 12 Oct 2021
- Expiry Date : 11 Nov 2021
Competition number: J1021-0476
Department: Audience Engagement, Marketing
Status: Full-Time Term
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (35 hours per week)
Annual/hourly salary: $58,600 – $84,300 plus benefits and pension plan
Closing date: November 7, 2021
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be a more welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and diverse organization for all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and, therefore, we actively seek to recruit candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
The incumbent may be required to work remotely either full-time or in a hybrid fashion until the end of the pandemic. All necessary working tools needed to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of this position will be provided to the employee for this purpose.
The NAC recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. Therefore, an offer of employment shall be conditional upon receipt of written confirmation that the selected candidate has been fully vaccinated. Certified medical conditions will be accommodated as well as exemptions based on established religious objection.
The above information will be filed in keeping with the Privacy Act.
Introducing the National Arts Centre
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada.
Curious to learn more? We invite you to read our strategic plan for 2020-2023 in The Next Act
Collaboration, innovation and community-led engagement are only some of the many initiatives the NAC will leverage to help shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada. One that embodies our slogan and loudly proclaims that Canada is our stage.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager and in partnership with key stakeholders, the PROJECT MANAGER – MARKETING is responsible for coordinating the multi-disciplinary efforts to announce the artistic seasons and on-going campaign support to engage audiences, using Agile project management practices. This includes coordinating the cross-functional team, sprint planning, organizing project files, managing budgets and serving as the point of contact for all project activities.
You will thrive in this role because:
- You believe in the benefits of strong project management processes;
- You are resourceful and an excellent team player;
- You are invested in helping the arts in Canada thrive;
- You are ready for a meaningful challenge.
- Contribute to the adoption of Agile project management practices;
- Engage a mix of traditional and Agile project management practices to collaboratively plan, execute and control the activities of a project team within scheduled time and cost parameters;
- Prepare work breakdown structures, Agile Epics, User Stories, Backlogs and Roadmaps to demonstrate project scope of work;
- Develop, plan, analyze, evaluate and prioritize deliverables and requirements in conjunction with project/Scrum teams;
- Manage relationships with team members and other stakeholders;
- Track progress and deliver consistent reporting against established goals, objectives and milestones;
- Manage project budget.
- PMP Certification, Agile Certification and/or other IT related certification is an asset.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Management, Communications, or a related field or a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience;
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages, English and French, written and spoken;
- Recent experience in the management of projects or complex campaigns, and of their implementation;
- Experience with Agile / Scrum product development methodologies is an asset.
- Ability to facilitate meetings with stakeholders;
- Ability to provide analysis, advice and recommendations related to the implementation of new processes;
- Ability to create project documentation;
- Excellent consulting and collaboration skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to implement concepts, ideas and plans while functioning in a flexible, constantly changing environment;
- Ability to conceptualize, negotiate and sell ideas internally and externally;
- Innovative thinking;
- Must be a strong team player as well as an individual contributor;
- Adept at managing relationships with professionalism and sensitivity to differences;
- Thrives when working in a fast-paced, creative environment;
- Highly organized, disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently or in close collaboration within a project and Agile development teams.
How to Apply
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
All communication will be conducted through email and interviews via videoconferencing. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your resume including your current email address.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume online through our ‘Careers Opportunities’ website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
No views yet