- Native Women’s Association of Canada
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 3686
- Category : Admin-Clerical
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $37,500 Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 20 Sep 2019
- Expiry Date : 18 Mar 2020
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This position is opened to Indigenous candidates only – Special Program under Human Rights Legislation
Reports to: Director, Human Resources & Operations
Salary Range: $37,500
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Native Women’s Association of Canada (NWAC) is a National Indigenous Organization representing the political voice of Indigenous women and girls in Canada. Incorporated in 1974, NWAC works to advance the social, political, and cultural well-being and equality of Indigenous women, girls and gender diverse people through advocacy, education, research and policy.
This is exciting opportunity aims to make a difference in the lives of Indigenous women in Canada and around the world.
Things to know
· Located in the heart of the Ottawa ByWard Market.
· Microsoft Surface laptop.
· Apple 6s phone.
· Flexible working conditions.
· Gym at proximity.
· Health care coverage, paid vacation, and other benefits.
The Receptionist will be the first point of contact for our organization. The receptionist will be responsible for offering administrative support across the organization. The Receptionist will work under the authority and the supervision of the Director of Human Resources and Operations, and is responsible for welcoming guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that will make a difference in the lives of Indigenous women in Canada and around the world.
The NWAC Receptionist will:
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office;
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office;
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls;
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures);
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email;
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries;
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the
- reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges);
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock;
- Update calendars and schedule meetings;
- Arrange travel and accommodations, and prepare vouchers;
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs;
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing;
- Other related duties as assigned, from time to time;
Studies and Experience Requirement
- College Diploma; additional certification in Office Management is a plus;
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role;
- Experience with NGOs, organizations, interest groups and government or government agencies or business/corporate entities;
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations, solve problems and make decisions;
- Ability to take direction and work independently;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to apply sound judgment and make decisions within the area, often on short notice;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and organize work effectively and under pressure;
· Some knowledge and understanding of Indigenous Peoples in Canada and internationally, their cultures, histories and traditions;
· Knowledge and understanding of contemporary concerns and issues in the doing of Indigenous business in Canada;
· Understanding and knowledge of Indigenous issues, and norms and standards relevant to promotion and protection of Indigenous women’s rights;
· Some knowledge of key issues impacting Indigenous women and girls in Canada and internationally;
· Bilingualism is an asset
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews will be held in Ottawa or by teleconference.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Director, Human Resources & Operations
1 Nicholas Street, 9th Floor
Ottawa, ON K1N 7B7
No views yet