Restaurant General Manager (Merecroft )
- Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 57191
- Category : Food Services
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $52,000 Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 13 Jun 2022
- Expiry Date : 13 Jun 2023
A&W Restaurants in Campbell River, BC, is looking for a permanent full-time Fast-Food Restaurant General Manager to start immediately at our Merecroft location.
The Company Operating Name: Island Burgers Inc. O/A A&W
Title of Position: Restaurant Manager
Business Address: 2739 30th Street, Vernon BC V1T 5C6
No# of Positions: 1
Terms of Employment: 2 years
Language Requirement(s): English
Wage: $52,000 Plus, up to 15% base salary bonus paid quarterly depending upon the restaurant’s results.
Benefits Package (if applicable): Benefits which include an extensive single or family Medical/Dental Benefit comprised of Pharmaceuticals, Hospital Care, Paramedical, Medical Equipment, Travel, Visioncare, Basic and Optional Life, AD&D, along with an optional Group RRSP.
Location of work: Unit E2 465 Merecroft Rd, Campbell River BC V9W 6K6
Education: Secondary school
Work Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years
Start Dateof Employment: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full-time, permanent position. Work includes various shifts (Days, Evenings and Weekends).
The McMurray Group is a franchise company with 40+ A&W restaurants extending across British Columbia and the Yukon Territories. We take pride in offering our employees a job like no other, and a work environment that can't be found anywhere else. Our working environment is based on respect and listening. Everyone's efforts and results are recognized and celebrated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the restaurant to ensure a good balance of the key goals of speed, quality, service, cleanliness and profit
- Maintains A&W standards and conducts Performance reports regularly; recognizes areas needing improvement and takes action where necessary
- Schedules staff to provide an excellent customer experience while meeting the restaurant’s labour cost goals
- Makes sure equipment and facility is in good condition and makes arrangements for all repairs
- Recruits and hires hourly staff to ensure the restaurant’s goals are met.
- In conjunction with the Area Manager makes decisions regarding the hiring and promotion of supervisors and Assistant Managers
- Trains and develops staff to ensure restaurant goals and standards are met.
- Confronts poor performance in a timely and appropriate manner
- Develops a healthy working climate through day to day behaviour and semi-annual climate meetings
- Ensures compliance with provincial employment standards, WCB and Health Board regulations
- Has knowledge of and administers all company Human Resource policies
- Ensures restaurant profitability by managing revenues and costs to levels agreed upon in the annual profit planning process
- Participates in the annual profit planning process
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly accounting is accurate and completed within the time allowed.
- Ensures compliance with all company cash management policies. Works quickly to resolve any cash problems
- Ensures that cleanliness standards and safe food handling practices are met.
- Handles all complaints and customer involved incidents according to company policy and ensures staff are trained in service recovery
- Builds business and awareness through local store marketing and community involvement
- Minimum requirement – 3 years experience as a supervisor or management role in the food service industry, within the previous 5 years, is a must
- A minimum education level of high school graduation or equivalent
- Must be fluent in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership/ supervisory experience
- Expertise in all restaurant positions
- Complete knowledge of food safe practices and requirements
- High interest in developing others
- Ability to do accounting and manage administrative aspects of the operation
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Able to do some heavy lifting
- Having a valid driver’s license is an asset
We strongly encourage candidates to apply directly to this post the links, otherwise, if the link is not working, email your resume to: HR-MCM-BC@outlook.com
How to Apply
No views yet