Sewer / Sewing Machine Operator
- Ratana International
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 10176
- Category : Manufacturing & Production
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $16 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 03 Jul 2020
- Expiry Date : 03 Jul 2021
Since 1980, Ratana has committed to excellence in offering the finest home furnishings and accessories that one can embrace for years. Our comprehensive line of contract and hospitality specification furniture can be seen worldwide, from 5-star luxury hotels, to top-ranked restaurants, from international golf courses to global Olympic venues. Our unparalleled dedication to design integrity, quality craftsmanship, attention to detail, have firmly established Ratana as one of the most respected and trusted brands in the industry.
· Operate single, double or multi-needle sergers, flat bed felling, banding and other sewing machines, to join sections of fabric or other articles into finished cushion casing
· Operate sewing machines to seam cushions and join various sections of covering material.
· Sews various materials such as fabric, vinyl, and leather using a sewing machine.
· Uses specified adhesives, sewing equipment, hardware, hand tools, and various power tools. Familiar with the use of zipper and a self welt border machine
· Draw thread through guides, tensions, and needles as well as adjust industrial sewing machine functions, according to upholstery type.
· Turns knobs, screws, and dials to adjust settings of the sewing machine, according to cushion casing style and observation of operation.
· Guides upholstery or upholstery parts under the sewing machine needle and presser foot to sew parts of material together for cushion casing.
· Positions upholstery or article in clamps, template, or hoop frame prior to automatic operation of machine.
· Observes sewing machine operation to detect defects in stitching or machine malfunction, and notifies supervisor.
· Folds or stretches edges or length of items, while sewing, to facilitate forming specified sections.
· Selects supplies, such as fasteners and thread, according to specifications or characteristics of upholstery.
· Replaces sewing machine parts and performs basic maintenance, such as oiling machine.
· Some Secondary school education
· 1 year industrial sewing experience
· Full-time permanent, 40 hours/week, $16/hour
· 2 openings
How to Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No views yet