Specialized Livestock Worker
- Korova Feeders Ltd.
- Acme, Alberta, Canada
- Job ID : 2996
- Category : Agriculture
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $15.57 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 03 Jul 2019
- Expiry Date : 02 Jul 2020
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Business Name: Korova Feeders Ltd.
Mailing Address: Box 65 Acme Alberta T0M 0A0
Position Title: Specialized Livestock Worker (NOC 8252)
Number Positions Available: 9 Vacancies
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time Position
Number of hours per week: 40 hours – from time to time may need to work more hours due to
the needs of the operation
Hourly Wage: $15. 57 per hour.
Benefits: After successfully completing the 3 month probation period, will qualify for benefit
package (LTD, STD – premiums paid by employee/ Life & $200 per month health spending account –
premiums paid by employer).
Korova Feeders Ltd. (Primary Location – Physical Land Location)
294044 Range Road 262
K2 (Secondary Loaction – Physical Land Location)
294037 Range Road 254
The primary responsibility of the Specialized Livestock Worker is to help coordinate and perform the day to day activities at the cattle operation.
– Formulate feeding programs
– Implement pasture or pen breeding programs
– Follow safety and bio-security procedures
– Detect disease and health problems in livestock.
– Treat the animals, as needed, while following safe and proper procedures.
– Maintain livestock performance records
– Move and sort animals, while practicing low stress cattle handling.
– Feed and tend to livestock.
– Select livestock for sale.
– Run and maintain farming equipment; Feed truck, Tractor, Farm Truck, Loader.
– Fencing, fence repair, and construction.
– Hire and train staff
– Perform general farm duties or additional responsibilities as required.
– Bovine handling experience (either in the dairy or beef industry).
– Knowledge of Cattle.
– Class 5 Drivers License (or deemed equivalent license from foreign country).
– Certificate or college diploma in agriculture would be an asset, but not required.
– Class 1 Drivers License would be an asset, but not required.
– Experience riding horses would be an asset, but not required.
– Ability to read, write and orally communicate in English.
– Attention to detail.
– Willingness to learn and adapt.
– Training will be provided.
– We encourage indigenous persons, youth, new immigrants, and persons with disabilities to apply.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com
No views yet