Tailor – NOC (6342)
- Mallia Inc.
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 11663
- Category : Manufacturing
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $15 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 24 Aug 2020
- Expiry Date : 24 Aug 2021
Position: Tailor – NOC (6342)
Employer: Mallia Inc.
Location: 77A Sheffield Street Toronto, ON M6M 3E9;
Location of employment: 77A Sheffield Street Toronto, ON M6M 3E9;
Wages: $15.00 per hour, 30-44 hours a week
Language of work: English
Benefits: Medical and dental insurance, and group benefits after a 6 month period.
Vacancies: 1 full-time and permanent position
Mallia is a renowned Canadian outerwear manufacturer and brand known for stylish, innovative material development, and quality of craft. From sourcing and design to final production, Mallia controls every step of the creative process in house – creating top of the line jackets for both men and women that never go out of style.
Mallia has been manufacturing luxurious cloth garments for over 40 years, through a commitment to quality, craftsmanship, and heritage, Mallia has grown from a small boutique producer into an international brand; found in luxury retailers and independent boutiques worldwide.
Mallia is currently looking for a Tailor to join their team based out of Toronto Ontario. Mallia Tailors are responsible for altering and repairing tailored coats and other made-to-measure garments in an ecologically conscious manner consistent with company values.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Make made-to-measure coats according to client and Mallia’s specifications and requirements;
· Design patterns to fit measurements;
· Mark, cut and sew fabric;
· Alter and repair garments as required;
· Help produce unique designs in line with company brand;
· Assist the production team in various tasks including operating a fusing machine, sewing and cutting fabrics as required;
· Prepare samples, and professional hand stitchings;
· Assist management as required in developmental stages from conception to production;
· Assist design teams with preparation of new samples.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Must have a University or College degree in Fashion Design/Management or related field;
· Minimum 2 years of experience as a Tailor is required;
· Ability to interact with people effectively and in a professional manner;
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
How to Apply
No views yet