- Big River Analytics
- Job ID : 41253
- Category : Design
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $ Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 10 Jan 2022
- Expiry Date : 09 Feb 2022
About Big River Analytics
Big River Analytics is an Indigenous-owned consulting firm with twenty staff members working remotely across Canada. We were founded in 2011 with the objective of providing statistical and analytical capacity to benefit Indigenous peoples, communities, governments, and organizations. We are a small but fast-growing company that uses the latest tools and technology to solve a range of applied, real-world problems. Data is at the heart of what we do, and our approach puts relationships first in a continuous effort to redefine the consultant-client dynamic.
Since 2011, we have had the opportunity to work directly on over 300 data-driven projects for:
● 35+ First Nations and Métis governments, coalitions, and Indigenous-led organizations;
● Municipal, Regional, Provincial, and Federal government agencies
● Private sector businesses and non-profit organizations.
We are certified by the Canadian Council of Aboriginal Business as a Certified Aboriginal Business and by the federal Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Businesses.
Visit www.BigRiverAnalytics.com/careers to view this job posting as a pdf.
About the Position
We are looking to hire a thoughtful Visual Designer who can help grow our organizational design capacity. In particular, we are interested in working with someone who can effectively integrate design across our existing products and services, as well as deliver specialized design products and services to our clients. Recent projects include interpretive panel design for a mobile education centre and a citizen scientist Oolichan monitoring booklet. You can expect to work on a wide breadth of design projects, from print publications and custom websites, to visualizations and report design, to project planning and production.
Big River Analytics is an innovative, values-driven, and collaborative team environment. This job is for you if you are relationship-oriented, feel motivated by the impact of our work, and are willing to work hard alongside your team to produce high quality deliverables. In a designer, we are looking for someone whose design ethos is founded on user-based solutions and challenging existing presets and standards in design today.
Graphic designers or User Experience Designers are encouraged to apply. Self-identifying as Indigenous or having first-hand knowledge or experience working with an Indigenous community will be considered an asset.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours / week), permanent position.
● Working across teams to support clear communication through visualizations, user interfaces, publications, and report layouts.
● Designing web and word processed internal and external reports, communications, and summaries.
● Ensuring consistency and ease of use across all products.
● Understanding project deliverables, business goals, and client expectations.
● Supporting project leads in identifying ideas for deliverables and approaches to the work.
● Creating user-based approaches and solutions and executing them with a high level of detail orientation and refinement.
● Supporting and designing thoughtful visualizations and infographics for reports, publications, and presentations.
● Assisting in the design and maintenance of the company website.
Key Skills and Experience
● Two to three years of experience in branding, print publication, web design, user experience, and/or infographic development.
● The ability to work within brand guidelines and support the development of brand and creative concepts.
● Communication design skills and experience to develop user-focused interactive, display, print, and online materials for a variety of audiences. Skills in business writing to produce or advise on content for compelling internal and external publications.
● The ability to plan, organize, set, accomplish, and measure objectives and results, as well as set priorities and meet deadlines.
● The ability to work effectively with individuals and teams in a wide variety of settings across the organization, applying interpersonal skills, and taking a problem-solving, service design approach.
Compensation & Benefits
Base salary of $50,000 – $55,000 commensurate with experience.
Additional benefits include:
● Fully remote team-environment and work culture
● Flexible hours and work arrangements
● Vacation starting at 2 weeks for full-time
● Benefits after 3 months of employment
● Health and Dental Coverage
● Life and Disability Insurance
● National Indigenous Peoples’ Day as a Stat Holiday
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “Visual Designer” and examples of your work (website link or PDF).
No views yet