- This position is a night shift
- Picking worms from approximately dusk until dawn in spring, summer, autumn (including handling, packing, sorting, and counting);
- Extracting worms from ground/soil and placing into appropriate receptacles, removing worms from receptacle, placing into mesh bag and repeat
- Placing full bags into wooden boxes and assisting driver load boxes into truck,
- Assisting with preparation of farm land for worm picking, including clean-up, removing garbage/stones/debris/hay as well as set up of pipes used for irrigation.
- Minimal English required; the job can be taught to those with very little English Knowledge.
- Workers are paid $14.35 per hour or the piecework rate, whichever is greater ($14 to $30/1,000 worms). Hours are approximately 32 per week.
- Medical and Dental Benefits available.
- Locations of employment vary, pending rain and weather conditions; ie. Kirkton, Monkton, Conn, Guelph, and Princeton.
- Workers are asked to meet at National Bait Inc. at 946 Lakeshore Rd. East in Mississauga at approx. 5:30 pm. From here, workers are bused to farms (about 1.5 to 2 hours away) and provided with equipment free of charge. Travel time is unpaid.
- Skills: Repetitive tasks, Manual dexterity, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling, working in wet weather conditions.
How to Apply
Potential Candidates, please contact 905-278-0180, Monday to Friday between 9 am - 5 pm
Or in person at 946 Lakeshore Road East, Mississauga ON L5E 1E4
No views yet