ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
- National Arts Centre (NAC)
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 23728
- Category : Accounting
- Job Type : Part-Time
- Salary : $20 - $25 / hour, depending on experience Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2021-06-09
- Posting Date : 26 May 2021
- Expiry Date : 25 Jun 2021
Competition number: J0521-1135
Status: Part-time, less than six months (June to August)
Hours: 14-21 hours per week (2-3 days)
Annual/hourly salary: $20 – $25 / hour, depending on experience
Closing date: June 9 2021
Anticipated start date: Immediately
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be an inclusive organization that engages and welcomes all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and therefore actively seek to recruit candidates who are women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process
This position has the ability and may be required to work remotely. The NAC will provide the incumbent with equipment required to perform their duties from home
Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable the incumbent is responsible for the full accounts payable cycle including timely and accurate input of accounts payable invoices, preparation of payment batches and the regular follow up with vendors regarding payment of outstanding and overdue invoices.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving invoices and distributing for authorization;
- Verifying authorized invoices and accounting data for accuracy and compliance with existing accounting controls & procedures;
- Entering accounts payable information into the accounting software, ensuring all invoices are correctly coded and have the proper tax code;
- Matching invoices electronically with receiving reports and purchase orders (Three Way Match) and verifying the documentation necessary to initiate a payment to an external supplier for goods and/or services received;
- Reviewing and entering new vendor information or updating existing vendor profiles in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Following up on any invoice disputes and resolving billing and payment issues;
- Managing communication with suppliers and investigating any issues.
- Working towards a post secondary degree/diploma in accounting OR a minimum one year of experience in an accounting environment;
- Experience in automated accounting system (SunSystem);
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and concepts, familiar with journal entries and general ledger;
- Proven administrative skills and high level of accuracy for data entry;
- Very well organized and detail oriented;
- Ability to prioritize and manage time and activities efficiently;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to work in both official languages (French and English).
How to Apply
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
All communication will be conducted through email and interviews via videoconferencing. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your resume including your current email address.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume online through our ‘Careers Opportunities’ website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
CONNECT WITH US!
No views yet