Artistic Events Assistant (Canada Summer Jobs Position)
- Gateway Theatre
- Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 32187
- Category : Non-profit
- Job Type : Temporary
- Salary : $15.20 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2021-11-22
- Posting Date : 29 Sep 2021
- Expiry Date : 29 Oct 2021
Status: Temporary Part-Time
Hours of Work: 21 hours per week for 13 weeks
Compensation: $15.20/hour + 4% vacation pay
Employment Dates: November 22, 2021 – Dec 24, 2021 & January 4 – February 26, 2022
Driven by a passion to serve its audiences in bold and innovative ways, Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding artistic programs and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts.
Gateway’s staff is an eclectic team with multifaceted expertise. As a group we take risks, we empower, we go beyond, we listen. At Gateway we embrace difference as something that challenges our understanding and stretches us to grow. So, if you won’t settle for the expected, you have found your crew.
The Artistic Events Assistant will work with Gateway Theatre’s Artistic Department on the holiday show (A Broadway Holiday) and the Lantern Festival as well as other Artistic offerings. They will be part of project teams surrounding both events and will assist the Artistic and Community Producer and Programs Administrator with research, coordination and administration to ensure that both events run smoothly. They will attend both the events (as needed) and assist with any duties that may be required on site.
Responsibilities will include
- Working with the Artistic Department on creating, and executing events at Gateway Theatre
- Performing Administrative and coordination duties
- Participation in Project Teams for Artistic Events at Gateway Theatre
- Supporting COVID-19 protocols set by Gateway Theatre and encouraging safe practices
- Communicating effectively between departments
- Other duties as needed
Experience & Qualifications
- Understanding of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Hands on experience in special events or theatre
- Ability to take initiative in a collaborative or independent setting
- Understanding of anti-oppression and equity
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys and excels at working on a team
- 1+ years of event coordination or stage management experience
- Experience in public events
- Education and/or experience in theatre or special events production
- Administration experience (scheduling, data entry, written communication)
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
- The successful applicant must:
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment for a period of 8 weeks
- Not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week)
- Not be attending full-time classes while carrying out this job
- Priority will be given to applications from candidates who self-identify as being part of underrepresented groups or as having additional barriers to entering or staying in the labour market as outlined below:
- Visible minorities / racialized youth
- LGBTQ2 youth
Note: You may be required to work remotely from home due to COVID-19; therefore, your own computer with a camera and microphone plus a reliable internet connection will be necessary.
Gateway Theatre strives to be an equitable and inclusive workplace. We value an open and diverse community that fosters the inclusion of many different voices. We encourage applications from members of communities that have been marginalized based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, or status as an Indigenous person. We welcome self-identification in your application. Please also note any accommodations or accessibility requirements in your cover letter.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to Programs Administrator, Andrea Barragán, email@example.com. Deadline October 12, 2021. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in; interviews and an offer may take place before the deadline, so early applications are encouraged. This posting will be removed from the Gateway website when the position is filled.
No views yet