- Métis Nation-Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Job ID : 2897
- Category : General Business
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $ Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 14 Jun 2019
- Expiry Date : 13 Jun 2020
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Communications Officer develops communications plans and tactics to (1) support the President and Ministers in the discharge of their leadership responsibilities and (2) contribute to government-wide transparency, accountability and citizen engagement across the Nation.
1. Develop and implement communication plans and strategies.
2. Prepare time-sensitive written materials, including speeches, briefing notes, key message documents, media backgrounders, and website content.
3. Provide communications and media relations support to government leaders and other key internal stakeholders.
4. Develop and post content for social media platforms, engaging with citizens and stakeholders as needed to respond to inquiries and emerging issues.
5. Monitor Indigenous and mainstream media to identify issues that are important to the government or citizens of the Nation.
6. Engage reporters and media commentators to promote the insight and expertise of MN-S leaders for publication or broadcast.
7. Contribute to a healthy, respectful and collaborative workplace culture.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
• Generalist skills in communications with an emphasis on writing for digital and print publication
• Brings a service mindset: helpful, courteous, caring, patient
• Able to deliver time-sensitive projects to high standards
• Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team setting
• Keen attention to detail
• Self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative
• Political sensibility in a high-performing government setting
• 7+ years of communications, public relations and/or journalism experience
• Understanding of Metis culture, citizens and communities
How to ApplyPlease apply by sending your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Métis Nation-Saskatchewan. Email the documents to email@example.com. With respect, only those applicants that will be interviewed will be contacted.
No views yet