- Elm Hurst Inn and Spa
- Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 75162
- Category : Restaurant
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $19.00 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2022-12-06
- Posting Date : 06 Dec 2022
- Expiry Date : 04 Jun 2023
Welcome to the Elm Hurst Inn & Spa – a Southwestern Ontario landmark since 1872, and the birthplace of the Canadian commercial cheese industry. We embrace diversity and equality at the Elm Hurst Inn and Spa. It’s our lived experience and mandate. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Our hotel provides hospitality for people from all walks of life, creating a welcoming environment for all. Creating a welcoming culture of equality dovetails with our mandate to deliver the finest guest experience possible.
Job Title: Cook
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Wage: 19 CAD/Hour
Work Conditions: Full-time (30-40 hours weekly)
Work Location: 415 Harris Street, Ingersoll, Ontario, N5C 3J8
· Serves meals by reviewing recipes; assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients
· Prepares ingredients by following recipes; slicing, cutting, chopping, mincing, stirring, whipping, and mixing ingredients; adding seasonings; verifying taste; and plating meals.
· Adheres to proper food handling, sanitation, and safety procedures;
· Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of equipment, food storage, and work areas.
· Replenished raw food, garnishes, and other ingredients to serving lines
· Manage inventory of supplies
· Operate oven, deep frier, stove, grill, and other kitchen tools and machinery.
· Pay careful attention to allergy and dietary restrictions of the patrons.
· Help with scheduling and supervising kitchen help, and kitchen operation.
· Aid chefs with menus, determining meal sizes, requirements
· Inform supervisors of inventory requirements,
If you have all of the following, we want to speak with you!:
· Minimum high school completion
· 1-2 years working in a kitchen
· Proven ability to work under pressure
· Capable of reading and understanding cooking procedures
· Able to work in a team environment
· Flexible and adaptable
· Proven team-work experience
· Customer-oriented thinking
· Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
· Food safety certification is a plus!
How to Apply
Please send your resume and other relevant documents to email@example.com. We thank you for your application, but Canadian residents will be prioritized.
No views yet