Cook, ethnic foods
- USMANIA GRILL
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 14188
- Category : Cook
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $15 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2020-12-12
- Posting Date : 22 Oct 2020
- Expiry Date : 20 Apr 2021
English Hindi Panjabi; Punjabi
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Security and Safety
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Repetitive tasks, Standing for extended periods, Physically demanding, Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Overtime required, Attention to detail
Flexibility, Excellent oral communication, Team player, Reliability, Initiative, Client focus, Organized
Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods, Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies, Inspect kitchens and food service areas, Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food, Order supplies and equipment, Supervise kitchen staff and helpers, Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment, Clean kitchen and work areas, Recruit and hire staff, Manage kitchen operations
Restaurant, Catering firm
– Must have knowledge of and experience with making Traditional Indian/Pakistani cuisine such as Biryani Rice, Palak Paneer, Haleem, Chicken Tikka Masala, Mutton Karachi, Tandoori Chicken, soya chap etc., Staying updated on current menu changes.
– Knowledge and experience of operating clay oven(tandoor) and prepare related dishes.
– Responsible for prepping produce, chopping fruits, vegetables, portioning meats, cheese, preparing sauces and ensuring all mixes made and ready to go.
– Ensure Customers’ food is prepared at the right temperature with proper plating presentation.
– Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen
– Monitor unloading delivery trucks and store inventory correctly.
– Filling in for absent staff as needed.
– Work on a flexible schedule including day, evening, weekdays and public holidays
How to Apply
No views yet