- Greek Islands
- Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 10876
- Category : Restaurant
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $15.00 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2020-07-27
- Posting Date : 27 Jul 2020
- Expiry Date : 23 Jan 2021
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Greek Islands, located at 2686 Langdon St, Abbotsford, BC V2T 3L2, is looking for 2 cooks who are passionate about the food service industry. The Cooks will be reporting to the Restaurant Manager.
At the Greek Islands, we understand that cooks are an integral part of the back of house staff,
responsible for the assembly, cooking, plating, and garnishing of all food products according to specifications and recipes. We are offering $ 15.00/hr. for 40 hrs./wk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cut, slice, chop, dice and shred vegetables and meats.
- Ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with the Greek Islands Restaurant’s recipes, assembly manuals, and charts.
- Prepare and follow a daily prep sheet to indicate the number of staff and food amounts required.
- Clean and organize the kitchen at all times. Follow all required checklists and cleaning schedules during their shift.
- Assure the proper care and maintenance of all food service equipment; identify equipment needs for food preparation and service.
- Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products.
Skills Required and Experience:
- Completion of secondary school and completion of a college or other program in cooking or a minimum of 2 years of commercial cooking experience is required.
- Passion for the kitchen and for producing great products every day.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate in English.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
Please email your resume detailing your education and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
No views yet