Under the direction of the Executive Chef, the Dishwasher is responsible, including but not limited to maintaining a clean kitchen and properly washing and sorting soiled dishes and appliances. The position is also responsible for emptying the trash, scrubbing floors and keeping the kitchen area free of clutter and organized.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Wash all pots, pans, inserts, etc. and clean kitchen equipment
- Place dishes in proper places throughout the kitchen and server areas
- Keep the kitchen area floors swept, cleaned and washed at all times
- Assist with prep work under the direction and supervision of a qualified cook
- Clean and organize all related work equipment and areas
- Keep sanitation solution up to company codes at all times
- Set up the dish machine in the mornings and close down the machine in the evenings
- Trouble-shoot dishwasher machine malfunctions
- Keep Executive Chef and Sous Chef fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary
- Clean and sanitize work areas; staying up to date with any Health and Safety requirements of the kitchen
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers
- Follow Health and Safety practices at all times.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Other duties or tasks assigned by the Executive Chef and Sous Chef
Education, Qualification and Requirements
- Previous experience in a fast-paced customer service environment, hospitality setting preferred
- Food Safety Course is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent work ethic; driven, organized, dependable, flexible, availability to pick up or volunteer for shifts as required to maintain operational requirements
- Must be fluent in English, both written and oral
- Physically able to perform duties of position including but not limited to:
- Standing for long periods of time with intermittent walking at times
- Frequently lifts and/or carries up to 50 pounds
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Ability to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel, bend at the wait with repeated stooping
- As a condition of employment, associates are to have a criminal record check prior to their first day of work
- Able to stand and walk repeatedly over the course of a shift
- Ability to tolerate exposures to heat, cold and water
- Ability to work in a noisy and distracting environment.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, there may be stooping, kneeling, bending, reaching and crouching
- Regularly exposed to, including but not limited to, hazardous situations and conditions that produce cuts or minor burns.
Hours of Work
- The hours of work for this position will vary depending on operational requirements but will include early morning, evening and late night, as well as weekends and holidays.
The Red Deer Resort & Casino is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals interested in this position to submit a resume. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. The successful candidate will be subject to criminal record checks and/or other background checks. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
No views yet