Fibre Optics Cable Splicer – AZ3
- Fibre Optics Cable Splicer (2 positions)
- Brampton, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 5216
- Category : Information Technology
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $28.00-28.50 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2020-02-01
- Posting Date : 15 Dec 2019
- Expiry Date : 14 Dec 2020
AZ3 is a Canadian owned and privately operated company founded in 1990. Our company offers turnkey solutions, specializing in steel construction and telecommunications. With over 25 years of diverse experience, we successfully produce quality work for our clients all while delivering a seamless and enjoyable experience.
WORK LOCATION: 105 Sun Pac Blvd Brampton, ON L6S 5Z6
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, remove, maintain and repair aerial and underground telephone and other telecommunication transmission and distribution lines, cables and associated hardware
- Install and maintain aerial and underground telephone equipment. Test equipment to locate transmission faults.
- Splice, join and connect wires. Repair or replace defective equipment.
- Inspect and test telecommunication transmission lines and cables for transmission characteristics and to locate faults
- Analyze and record test results
- Communicate with other workers to co-ordinate the preparation and completion of work assignments
- Read and interpret blueprints, climb and work aloft on poles, ladders or other support structures.
- Instal trunking systems, circuits and equipment. Determine nature, cause and location of trouble. Inspect and test trunking systems.
- Inspect fiber routes and hub sites as preventative maintenance
- 35 hours per week; 7 hours per day
- $28.00 – 28.50 per hour depending on experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in fibre cable termination with connections. Experience with single line, coaxial line, fibre optics copper.
- Strong manual dexterity and hand eye coordination. Ability to work in all weather conditins, confined spaces and locations
- Ability to work in a physically demanding atmosphere including, but is not limited to: carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy equipment (manhole covers, cable reels)
- 2+ years Fibre Optic splicing experience
- Trade certificate or diploma
- Previous telecommunications experience and testing for improved experience
- Maybe required to work shifts INCLUDING weekends
- Valid drivers license
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends or on emergency call outs as required
- Safety equipment/gear, steel-toed safety boots, hard hat, safety glasses/goggles
Target Audience: Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Indigenous People, Newcomers to Canada.
Send resume including cover letter to: email@example.com
How to Apply
No views yet