Food Service Supervisor
- Duchess Designs Ltd. (D.B.A. Bean Around the World Coffees)
- North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 25299
- Category : Restaurant
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $15.50 - $16.50 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 11 Jun 2021
- Expiry Date : 08 Dec 2021
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Bean Around the World Coffees, located in North Vancouver, is looking for a Food Service Supervisor who will be responsible for assisting the store manager in maintaining a positive environment, which provides fast, efficient and friendly service ensuring a top-quality experience for both our customers and team members. Food Service Supervisor will assist in training, providing product knowledge and education, and ensuring safe work practices. This position directly supervises the baristas and acts as the manager on duty in the absence of the store manager.
Employer Name: Duchess Designs Ltd. (D.B.A. Bean Around the World Coffees)
Work Location: 506 Chesterfield Avenue, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 2L9
Position Title: Food Service Supervisor
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Estimated Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Available: 1
Wage: $15.50 – $16.50 per hour (depending on working experience)
Working Hours: 35 hours per week (including early morning)
Benefit: 2 weeks of paid vacation per year & Tips
- Maintains a clean, organized and stocked environment and assists in the distribution of product shipments when necessary;
- Performs all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with the Corporate Office as necessary;
- Establishes effective and positive communication amongst all team members;
- Assists store manager in maintaining proper coverage and team member schedules ensuring that the store maintains customer service standards and team members adhere to meal and break policy;
- Assists store manager in planning and executing all sales promotions effectively and efficiently;
- Assists store manager to estimate and order ingredients and supplies as required in the production, preparation, and sales presentation of various food and beverage items;
- Provides guidance and actively sets an example for team members, ensuring that all Standard Operating Procedures, store policies, merchandising and cleanliness standards are maintained and followed;
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, reporting potential safety hazard, operational inconsistencies and team member incidents to the store manager in order to maintain a safe work environment;
- Provides coaching and training to baristas on performance expectations.
- High school graduation is required;
- Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline OR several years of experience in food preparation or service are required;
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, meet deadlines, exercise initiative and work with a diverse work force;
- Effective oral and written communication skills along with organizational skills;
- Ability to deal calmly with emergency situations;
- Attention to detail, combination of sitting, standing and walking are required;
- Professional knowledge in coffee and tea would be an asset, but not mandatory.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please E-mail us your resume and cover letter to Jun-Young Bok (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line of Full-time Food Service Supervisor Position – Bean around the World Coffees North Vancouver. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed, and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Inquiries: E-mail only please.
We hire on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from racialized persons, visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
All qualified candidates who are authorized to work in Canada are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
No views yet