Indigenous Outreach Coordinator
- Storytellers of Canada – Conteurs du Canada
- Job ID : 22655
- Category : Non-profit
- Job Type : Part-Time
- Salary : $25 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2021-06-01
- Posting Date : 03 May 2021
- Expiry Date : 02 Jun 2021
Storytellers of Canada – Conteurs du Canada (SC-CC) is seeking an Indigenous Outreach Coordinator to actively engage with Indigenous storytellers, both members and non-members, to help promote our organization’s activities and programs. They will create new inroads and strengthen existing connections between the SC-CC and Indigenous tellers, artists, and arts organizations.
The ideal candidate is an Indigenous artist or arts supporter who has familiarity or experience with storytelling and able to work remotely with a reliable internet connection. The position reports to a designated Board Director and works closely with the Indigenous Advisory Council and the Administrative, Membership & Programming Coordinator.
- Respond on behalf of SC-CC to inquiries from Indigenous artists, members and public, and Indigenous organizations.
- Initiate and maintain correspondence with Indigenous storytellers and story keepers, both internally to SC-CC members, and externally to relevant groups and organizations
- Promote SC-CC programming and membership with those groups.
- Organize semi-regular gatherings for SC-CC Indigenous tellers to foster community, share information, and improve networking.
- Research and propose possible new membership benefits and resources specific to Indigenous tellers.
- Research partnerships, collaborations, and potential funding resources and services for Indigenous members.
Skills, Abilities and Requirements
- Knowledge of Canadian Indigenous Arts community, storytelling, and oral history.
- Professionalism and adherence to confidentiality in dealing with members, public, service providers, funders and staff.
- Project management, organization, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and self-directed.
- An understanding of the art of storytelling.
- An understanding of non-profit organizations.
- Bilingualism in French or Indigenous language is an asset but not mandatory.
Location: Remote – applicants can be located anywhere in Canada
Hours of Work: 10 hours per month (potential to increase when budget allows)
Rate of Pay: $25.00 (increase when budget allows)
Job Type: Part-time independent contractor
Term: Renewable Contract – 13 months, from June 2021-August 2022
Storytellers of Canada – Conteurs du Canada (SC-CC) is devoted to connecting people, reflecting culture, and inspiring learning and creativity through the art of storytelling.
We Value: The roots of storytelling as an oral tradition to pass on one to another; Oral storytelling as a performing art, and storytellers who have professional aspirations; Oral storytelling reflecting diversity and intangible cultural heritage; Listeners of all ages hearing stories told in a variety of settings, languages and for different purposes; Storytellers and supporters working together for artistic excellence, creation and innovation.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume in one PDF document to Erin Beaubien, Administrative, Membership and Programming Coordinator.
Re: Indigenous Outreach Coordinator application
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
No views yet