Parent’s Helper (R. Grewal / K. Thindal – Employer)
- R. Grewal / K. Thindal
- Langley Township, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 120398
- Category : Child Care
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $16.75 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2024-02-17
- Posting Date : 20 Oct 2023
- Expiry Date : 17 Apr 2024
We are looking for one parent's helper to assist in the overall care of four children. This is a multi-aged group of children ranging from preteens to an infant. You will be assisting with feeding the infant, preparing formula and santizing bottles. You will be managing rest and play periods for the children and you may take the infant out in a stroller for walks alongside the kids to expose them to nature and to help promote their growth. While the children are resting you will be assisting with maintaining a safe, clean and healthy environment for the children to prosper in through light-housekeeping. You wll have to change and dispose of diapers for the infant. You will also have to bathe, dress and feed the infant, and tend to the other children's emotional needs in the absence of the parent. You will assist in preparing, planning and serving meals for the other children and assisting in sending and picking them up from school.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
Work site environment
- Employer's home
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Wash, iron and press clothing and household linens
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants
- Supervise and care for children
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
Experience and specialization
- Supervise and care for multi-aged group of children
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Time management
- Parking available
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
How to Apply
To apply please email Yolanda at firstname.lastname@example.org
No views yet