Records and Information Management Summer Student
- Ontario Securities Commission
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 139051
- Category : Government
- Job Type : Internship
- Salary : $ Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 12 Feb 2024
- Expiry Date : 13 Mar 2024
Who We Are
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is the statutory body responsible for regulating Ontario’s capital markets in accordance with the mandate established in the provincial Securities Act and the Commodity Futures Act. The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair, efficient and competitive capital markets and confidence in the capital markets, to foster capital formation, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk. This mandate is performed through policy, operational, adjudication and enforcement work. The OSC also contributes to national and global securities regulation development.
We offer a diverse, fair and flexible work environment, and take pride in our challenging and rewarding work.
The Records & Information Management department is a unit of the Human Resources and Corporate Services (HRCS) Branch. The HRCS Branch is comprised of Human Resources, Administration, Knowledge Services, Records and Information Management, and Strategic Planning and Reporting. The mandate of the Branch is to ensure the responsible stewardship of OSC resources, contribute to enterprise-wide workforce productivity, and lead the design and implementation of a positive employee experience.
Records & Information Management (RIM) works to ensure that the OSC meets legislative and business requirements by providing guidance and support to all business areas. Responsible for the development of strategies and the continuous improvement of recordkeeping practices across the organization, RIM collaborates with key stakeholders to develop, assess, plan, implement and evaluate opportunities to support our objectives to manage records in electronic and other formats.As the Records and Information Management Summer Student, you will provide support to the unit in areas such as implementing record retention schedules on historic records series and assisting with the development of processes to manage electronic records. Your summer placement experience will also involve providing support for daily activities as required. You will have experience researching and analyzing information, determining the most effective means to organize your time, document your results, and meet required goals.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- You have completed or are currently enrolled in a Master of Information, Master of Archival Studies, or Master of Library Science program specializing in Archives and Records Management and have demonstrated a good understanding of the related concepts, theory and best practices.
- You are detail-oriented, organized with a high degree of accuracy, have an ability to work well under pressure, prioritize tasks, and adhere to deadlines with effective time management skills.
- You are passionate and a self-starter with a willingness to learn who can work independently or as part of a team.
- You have demonstrated problem-solving, judgment capabilities, customer service, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- You are proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Grow your career and make a difference working at the OSC!
How to Apply
Please include the file number and position title in your application. In addition, your application must include the following:
- Cover letter – stating your interest in working for the OSC and branch
- Copies of your current graduate transcripts
- Reference letters are welcomed but not required
Please attach the above documents in one PDF document, with the naming convention “Last Name, First Name, File JR100260”.
Please submit your application for this position through the OSC website below. Applications must be received between Monday, February 12, 2024 and Monday, February 26, 2024 at 11:59 pm EST.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario Securities Commission. We will contact those selected for an interview.
The OSC is committed to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace. It is our priority to ensure employment opportunities are visible and barrier-free to all under-represented groups, including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and people from the LGBTQ2S community, to achieve an employee demographic profile reflective of the demographic profile of Ontarians.
The OSC is a proud partner with the following organizations: BlackNorth Initiative < https://blacknorth.ca/ >, Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion < https://ccdi.ca/ >, and Pride at Work Canada < https://prideatwork.ca/ >.
If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting our confidential inbox HRRecruitment@osc.gov.on.ca.
No views yet