Searay Foods Inc. looking for a Specialty Foods Chef
- Searay Foods Inc.
- Job ID : 38255
- Category : Restaurant
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $22-25 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2022-02-01
- Posting Date : 14 Jan 2022
- Expiry Date : 13 Feb 2022
Job Title: Specialty Foods Chef
Company Name: Searay Foods Inc.
Business Address: 6511 Graybar Road, Richmond BC, Canada
Terms of Employment: Two-Years
Language of Work: Basic English
Location of work: Richmond, BC
Salary: $22-$25 hourly wage; 40 hours per week.
Benefits: Manulife Medical Group Plan after consecutive six months employment.
Searay Foods Inc. is federally registered with the Canada Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) under the Preventive Control Plan (PCP). We accentuate on the quality of our products to deliver the best to our customers. As well, many of our imports are new to Canada, which allows our consumers to be able to savour different species from other countries. Because we realize the continual demand for new products to stimulate the market, we assertively take the initiative to make it happen. Our specialized products of Frozen Fish, Fish Steaks, Fish Fillets, Shrimp, Squid, Cuttlefish, Fish Balls, Fish Tofu products and other seafood products are packed in enhanced vacuum packaging. The unique selections of products are sold under the “Gold Label,” “Smart Fish,” “Thai Best,” “Diamond Shrimp,” and “Searay” brands that Searay Foods carries as the sole agent.
We are promoting our new project “Ocean to Table” so that our customers could buy the ready-to-cook and ready-to-eat seafood dishes that come with the Searay chef cooking instructions or special sauce.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking/ saucing activities
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times
- Plan menus/ food combination pack/ saucing and ensure food meets quality standards
- Schedules and coordinates the work of other kitchen employees to ensure that food preparation is economical and technically correct
- Prepare and cook specialty foods, such as pre-marinated seafood, seafood pastas, soups and other dishes
- Create new dish and saucing recipes
- Open and close kitchen
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste
- Manages kitchen staff, scheduling, and staff training when needed
- Attends all staff meetings
- No minimum education requirement for this position
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a high-volume operation or similar role
- Preferred to have experience in saucing
- Must be able to multi-task and work in all areas of the kitchen as might be required
- Have excellent organization and time management skills
- Be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to hiring email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you! Only those qualified candidates will be contacted.
No views yet